The silence is deafening from IndianDad. Those wins against Rye Cove dont mean squat now do they. Ah, you can always fall back on tennis.
PV-26
JJK-8
Final
JJK added a garbage time TD with 15 seconds left, PV had shut JJK out until the end of the game.
listened on the radio, JJK had a lot of problems moving the ball on PV and PV was able to run the ball. And with two teams that lack offensive firepower, whichever rushes for more yardage wins and tonight that was PV.
Davis, as far as I know, only carried the ball once late in the game, with a minute left and took the hand-off 35 yards for the TD.
JJK kept alternating QB's, don't really understand the strategy besides one is a runner and one threw the ball better.
stats:
PV (3-4,1-2) JJK (6-1, 2-1)
54-295 (5.5 ypc) 33-149 (4.5 ypc)------------------rushing yards
31 57-----------------------passing yards
326 206---------------------total offense
1 2----------------------turnovers
JJK had two very long plays, an 81 yard rush and the 49 yard pass. For the rest of the game, JJK had 76 yards of offense
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
The silence is deafening from IndianDad. Those wins against Rye Cove dont mean squat now do they. Ah, you can always fall back on tennis.
Excuses from ID
1. Bus broke down on the way to BSG, team tired from changing flat.
2. Half of team sick, other half didnt sleep last night.
3. Looking past PV, was more concerned with baseball season.
4. Felt sorry for PV since its Phil's last year.
5. Team heard B.I. might want the PV job next year, throw the game and he stays.
6. Hey, we've won more state titles than anyone in the LPD, we dont need to win another contest. (List includes tennis, badmitton,bowling, chess)
HAHAHAHA good stuff.
Don't forget to add that he will also come in with..
"Who really cares about football around here anyway? Noone from the LPD has a chance at winning state. The only sport that can go to state is baseball, and we all know that THE TRIBE owns baseball. As you all know I'm a REALIST."
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
As usual KY Jelly played someone with a football team and got beat. Lee bout had em last week.
"They (Miami) told me I wasn't big enough to play running back,'' said Ryan Williams with a snicker. "And they tried to offer me as an athlete or wide receiver."
wow, a little harsh on the Kelly faithful arent we?
.............. i laughed though
Cant we all just get along?
People can say what they wish, but you are only as good as the people you play. As Carl Richards used to say, playing weak sisters will never make you a team to be reckoned with. I saw the Lee game. I repeat what I said about that one. If Lee had a few blocks they would have beaten Kelly.
I saw my alma mater Coeburn move to the Cumberland. The belief was that they would run through that district "like a dose of epsom salts" (you oldtimers know what I mean....). They have yet to win the district.
I have never been a Phil Robbins fan, but he has never backed away from good competition. Depsite the past few years, he has generally been competitive.
Being 6-0 means nothing if you can't deal with the big dogs of your district, and people will never take you seriously...Just my opinion....
dude, that is harsh. I expect that ID will be here and say that they got beat tonight by a better team, or at least a better team tonight. I will say that PV has a better team than their record shows. they are very tough on the D side. Norton had all they could handle and if it wasn't for PV giving up the big play they might still be playing in OT.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
You gotta give ID credit, I'm sure he'll take these shots. Competition probably played a huge part of this game. You get better by playing teams that make you better, if you can keep the team in the right frame of mind. I have little doubt that this game will make Kelly better, which I wish it wouldn't.
PV isn't that bad, they are very solid defensively, seem to be lacking some impact on the offensive side, but their defense can almost make up for that. I would about guess that Phil probably circled this game more than most since he would never be able to retire with Kelly having that over his head.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Bookmarks